To assist with the smooth running of the event on the day the following Rules and Conditions have been established.
With the exception of the eligibility criteria below, all rules apply to both the Run and Classic events.
Veteran, vintage and early classic vehicles of all types built before 31 December 1959 are eligible to take part. Note Change to Rules.
Only those motor vehicles built on or after 1st January 1956 and on or before 31 December 1981 are eligible to take part in the event.
Bay to Birdwood rules
- All entrants are bound by the Conditions of Entry upon submitting an Entry Form and agree to observe these conditions.
- The onus of proof of date of build is the responsibility of the entrant and if required by the Committee must be substantiated and be supported by a Statutory Declaration. In the event of false information being supplied all entry monies will be forfeited.
- All motor vehicles must be substantially to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Committee.
- Entry numbers may only be displayed on the motor vehicles to which they have been assigned. Breach of this condition will result in the motor vehicle and the driver/rider being immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- All motor vehicles must be fully registered, registered as an historic vehicle or on permit and driven/ridden by a licensed driver/rider who shall comply with the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act 1959 as amended. A holder of a Learners’ Permit shall not be entitled to drive or ride in the event.
- No motor vehicle will be permitted on the Run using trade plates. The motor vehicle and the driver/rider will be immediately disqualified from taking part in the event.
- No substitution of entries will be allowed except under the following conditions.
A: The substitute motor vehicle, in all respects, must conform with the requirements of these conditions
B: No substitution shall be made without the knowledge and written approval of the Entries Director and the payment of such fees as the Committee may set.
- Payment of entry fees will only be accepted by cheque or money order made payable to the Bay to Birdwood Run Committee Inc.
A: Any sum in excess of the entry fee will be treated as a donation to a charity as nominated by the Committee.
B: Any refund will be made solely at the discretion of the Committee whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
C: Entry fees will not be returned for cancellation of entries after the issue of vehicle numbers and documentation. All rejected entries will have their fees refunded
- All entrants will observe the current road laws and speed limits over the route.
- All entrants and passengers shall conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Entrants and passengers are subject to the directions and control in all things, of the organisers of the event, their agents and officials.
- Entrants conducting themselves in a dangerous manner or in a manner likely to bring the event or its organisers into disrepute shall be disqualified immediately.
- The organisers reserve the right to reject or terminate any entry at any time for any reason.
- The closing date for entries will be specified each year. Entries will be limited.
- Entrants will receive the Run Plaque if they commence from the Official Start at Adelaide Shores and complete the scheduled Run to Birdwood on/in their motor vehicle before 4.00 pm (1600 hours) on the day of the event.
- Trailering or towing of any motor vehicle will result in disqualification.
- Entrants hereby authorise the organisers to photograph, film or reproduce in any medium the entrants, motor vehicles used in the event and any other aspect of the event, and hereby acknowledge that the organisers shall have the free and unrestricted right to use entrants names and or such reproductions in the advertising and promotion of the event and future events.
- The decision of the Judging Panel and the Organisers shall be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Committee reserves the right to amend or add to these Rules at any time.
- The Indemnity must be signed by owners of motor vehicles. Please note that current legislation does not allow passengers to be carried on the trays of trucks or utilities.