Preservation Class is held each year in association with both the Run and the Classic. It is for vehicles that are substantially unaltered from original delivery and have not been restored or modified.
Entrants are encouraged to wear clothing related to the era of their vehicle, however, no judging points will be awarded for attire.
There will be only one overall winner, however, if in the opinion of the judges no vehicle satisfies the required standards, no award will be made.
Judging will be undertaken by an expert panel using the Federation Internationale des Vehicules Anciens (FIVA) / Historic Vehicle Association (HVA) judging schedule.
Preservation Class Rules
- All vehicles must comply with the conditions of entry.
- A photo which clearly displays your vehicle must be submitted with your entry form.
- Vehicles must be presented for judging at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood in the allocated judging area.
- You must stay with your vehicle until judging has been completed, this may be until after 12.30 pm.
- Finalists will be asked to move their vehicles to a display area at approximately 1.30 pm.
- Vehicles arriving after midday may not be judged and may be ineligible.
- As an entrant of the Preservation Class, your vehicle must be presented in a suitable condition for competition.
- If you decide to withdraw from being judged for any reason, please advise the Director of Judges as soon as possible to avoid any confusion on the day.
- Winners of the Preservation Class trophy will not be eligible to enter the Preservation Class for the next 10 consecutive Bay to Birdwood events.
2017 Preservation Class winner
Congratulations to Paul Aikman and his 1966 Pontiac Bonneville at the 2017 Bay to Birdwood Classic.
2016 Inaugural Preservation Class winner
Congratulations to Natalie Halstead with her late husband’s 1958 Sunbeam at the 2016 Bay to Birdwood Run.
Past Winners of the Preservation Class
Bay to Birdwood Run
- 2016 Natalie Halstead – 1958 Sunbeam
Bay to Birdwood Classic
- 2017 Paul Aikman – 1966 Pontiac Bonneville